Okay, so this is a little late, what with the first round of new books for this month having been released today. But when your vacation is interrupted by a hurricane, things like blog posts get pushed down on the priorities list.
Seriously, though, I’ve had to deal with tropical storms two out of the three times I’ve been to Panama City Beach. It’s not all that unpleasant until the evacuations start, but still. Two out of three times? Maybe I need to find a new vacation spot.
With the new school year starting, you’d think there’d be less time for reading, but what bookworm doesn’t have at least one book in their bag for when they get to class early or when their office-mates are all out? Be honest–you know you’ve sneaked in a bit of reading when you were supposed to be working. Sometimes a book is just too good to wait until you get home to read the next chapter…or to finish the book.
And with that in mind, here are this month’s new releases that will be sure to have you wishing your vacation had lasted just a bit longer:
Week of September 6 & Before:
- Tales of the
Peculiar – Ransom Riggs
- Empire of Storms
(Throne of Glass #5) – Sarah J. Maas
- Mostly Void, Partially Stars: Welcome to Night Vale
Episodes, Volume 1 – Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
- The Great Glowing Coils of the
Universe: Welcome to Night Vale Episodes, Volume 2 – Joseph Fink and
- Diplomatic Immunity – Brodie Ashton
Week of September 13:
- A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor #3) – Roseanna M.
- The Forgetting – Sharon Cameron
- Going Geek – Charlotte Huang
- The Last True Love Story – Brendan Kiely
Week of September 20:
- Kids of Appetite – David Arnold
- Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1) – Kendare Blake
- A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire #1) – Jessica Cluess
- Vassa in the Night – Sarah Porter
- The Odds of Lightning – Jocelyn Davies
- The Female of the Species – Mindy McGinnis
- Metaltown – Kristen Simmons
- Seas (Wendy Darling #2) – Colleen Oakes
- The Initiation (Lock and Key #1) – Ridley Pearson
Week of September 27:
- Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) – Leigh Bardugo
- Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) – Rae Carson
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled #1) – Rosamund Hodge
- A Taste for Monsters – Matthew J. Kirby
- The Fever Code (The Maze Runner #0.6) – James Dashner
As usual, if you’re looking forward to a release that didn’t make it on
my list, let me know and I’ll add it in. Otherwise, enjoy the beginning of the fall season! Also, there’s no shame in reading at football games. Just make sure to clap when appropriate.